- If you like someone, wait.
- Give lots of compliments, even if you’re shy. Everyone else is too.
- Change. Get a haircut, try new perfume, get new sheets. Become better than you were before.
- Eat healthier. Learn to cook something fancy.
- Get up earlier and watch the sun come up.
- Wear soft clothes, take a bath, drink something warm.
- Meet someone new, even just a friend.
- Become closer with your friends and your family. Call your mother. Cry with your best friend. Tell everyone how much you appreciate them.
- Keep your room clean. Buy some candles. Let the natural light in.
- Make a list of reasons why you’ll be better off without them. Believe they are true, because they are.
- Listen to new music.
- Write everything you’re thinking and feeling. Write letters. Write happy letters, sad letters, and angry letters, even if you’re never going to send them.
- It’s okay to be sad, but not forever. Sadness is not as beautiful as music makes it seem. Lack of sleep makes your eyes droopy, not deep. Wake up every morning and tell yourself you’re going to have a good day.
- Go to the library. Don’t forget to look in the music section.
- Remove them from your life. Get rid of the things they gave you if they make you sad. They’re not worth it. You will never be happy if you continue to hold on to the things that make you sad.
- Make new memories.
- Try to find something to appreciate in everything you do or experience.
- Being alone is okay, you don’t have to surround yourself with people.
- Become your own best friend. Buy yourself coffee and drink it alone in a cafe. Take your time.
- Learn to love every bit of yourself.
I just turned 24 two days ago. It had been a bumpy ride with life but I can say that I learned a lot in my 24 years of existence. Let me share them with you.
- YOU DON’T NEED TOO MANY FRIENDS. Focus on the quality of friends you have and not the quantity. I have gained and lost friends in the past and I’m still doing fine.We just had different interests and passions in life and it’s okay to part ways. Move on! Let go and let God :)
- DON’T FEED THE TROLLS. Haters gonna hate! :) I mean you can be all nice to everyone and still be hated for it. Just live your life the way you wanted it to be. Ignore negativity. Focus on improving yourself and doing good. The so-called “haters” will go away eventually.
- LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY. Have a “Growth Mindset”. Challenge yourself to be better. I just learned how to drive this year (But I need to practice more! HAHA!) Being able to try and learn new things actually make you feel good about yourself. Hello Happy Hormones! :) If you never improve yourself, you’re in the worst place to be at.
- IT’S OKAY TO MAKE MISTAKES. As long as your learn from them! As cliche as it may sounds but no one is perfect. You can have some mishaps here and there but that doesn’t make you a bad person. Always, always FORGIVE YOURSELF. (It took me a while to learn this though).
- PURSUE YOUR PASSION. I consider myself as a frustrated artist. I’ve been wanting to purse a career in arts and literature but was never had the chance to do so. I took Engineering instead. Anyway, it’s never too late right? I can still be an artist and a writer. Thanks to Tumblr. I’ll be able to hone my skills and be better at it.
- KEEP THE FAITH. God is good. :)
“To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.”
(I also posted this on Thought Catalog, http://www.thoughtcatalog.com/lara-murallos. This is the saddest post I have written, and re-reading it pains me more.)
There are a lot of reasons why we fall apart. It may be because of college, a huge fight, new set of friends, or maybe because she forgot to invite you to a night out or two. But we have to accept that some friendships do not last, and that it is okay. We have to learn how to stop blaming ourselves, because sometimes there are reasons why we have to let go of some people.
Growing up means that we also have to grow apart. We may miss how we constantly make fun of each other over a childhood crush or an embarrassing moment. We may also continuously reminisce over old photographs and ask ourselves why we suddenly grew apart. But we have to move on and accept that everything has changed. Sure, it’s painful. But it’s normal.
I really hate following your orders.